Friday the 13th has undeniably always been associated with "bad" luck and misfortune. But, how exactly did Friday the 13th get its bad rep? Dating back to biblical times of Jesus, there were 13 apostles who attended the last supper and Jesus was crucified on that Friday. Fast forward to Friday, October 13, 1307, under the command of King Philip IV, hundreds of Knights Templar members were arrested and executed in defending the the Holy Land. On Friday, November 13, 1970, a huge cyclone wiped out half of Bangladesh with over 300,000 casualties on record. Famous west coast rapper, Tupac Shakur, died on Friday, September 13th, 1996 in an violent crime related death. Additionally, there have been numerous traumatic events that have occurred in history on Friday the 13th. Not to worry though! We have an whole arsenal of amulets that will protect any bad ju-ju from coming your way!
Nazar; "Evil Eye": This ancient amulet has been around for centuries. The "Evil Eye" is often used as a talisman to protect the wearer from bad energies. The Nazar creates a powerful invisible force that prevents any harmful energies from coming through. This symbol is prevalent to have on Friday, the 13th because it repels evil spirits and most importantly people who wish you harm. People hang evil eyes up in their homes, cars, and workplaces in order to rid their space from negative energies. In modern times, people have been seen wearing evil eye necklaces, bracelets, and rings for added protection.
To read more in depth about the Nazar, read our blog here.
Shop Our Evil Collection Here
Religious Silver Jewelry: Religious jewelry has been used for thousands of years to protect the wearer from "evil" and keep the wearer closer to their God, Deity or any other Divine power. Religious jewelry is also tied to protection, purification and good fortune, making these amulets very powerful to use during Friday the 13th. Silver, in alchemy terms, has the vibrational ability to remove and redistribute negative energy and can be used to cleanse the aura. Combining this sacred metal with a depiction of a religious symbol make it a powerhouse in terms or protecting the wearer from "bad" luck. See below our top picks in religious jewelry items.
- Sterling Silver Cross Bangle Bracelet
- Sterling Silver Star of David Stud Earrings
- Sterling Silver Evil Eye Pendant
- Sterling Silver Adjustable Claddah Ring
- Sterling Silver Angel of Peace Pendant
- Sterling Silver Eye of Horus Ring
- Sterling Silver Ankh Earrings
- Sterling Silver Pentacle Bracelet
Shop Our Sterling Silver Jewelry Here
Crystals: We know that each crystal is made up of very specific vibrational frequencies and can help us in numerous ways such as attracting love, cleansing our energy fields, bring in happiness and everything in between! For the sake of Friday the 13th, we are going to focus on crystals that will protect us from "bad" vibes on this eerie day!
- Labradorite: Balances and protects your aura while raising consciousness and grounding spiritual energies. Labradorite banishes fears and strengthens faith. Labradorite is a very powerful crystal to have during Friday the 13th because it creates an impenetrable force field around the aura so that nothing "bad" can get in.
- Smoky Quartz: If you do get "plagued" by negative energies during Friday the 13th, Smoky Quartz will be your knight in shinning armor! Smoky Quartz will remove any negative emotions that you may have picked up or that you may be feeling. This powerful protective stone is no match for negativity.
- Kyanite: A powerful stone that is immune to negative energies. It's a stone of connection and can open up pathways blocked off by negative influences. Kyanite eliminates stress and confusion that may come from negative ju-ju while keeping your vibrations high.
- Black Tourmaline: Black Tourmaline is one of the best stones for both purification and protection, especially if you feel like someone might have ill-intentions. It also works to protect your spaces if you put small pieces in the corners of your room.
- Fluorite: This crystal purifies your aura in its entirety and can soothe an chaotic mind. Fluorite can "sweep" out negative, intrusive thoughts and replace them with positive energies. Keep this stone handy during Friday the 13th, as this will keep your thoughts in align with your highest self.
Shop Crystals for Protection Here
Energy Sprays: Protect yourself and your space by keeping negative energies at bay. Spray throughout your space and around your aura to protect yourself from bad vibes. Infuse the atmosphere with the scent of essential oils and natural fragrances, specifically curated to ward off negative energies. Energy sprays are great to carry with you on the go, for a quick "pick me up" when you are feeling in-balanced and negative. With our arsenal of weapons, Friday the 13th doesn't stand a chance against us!
Shop Our Energy Sprays Here